This historic Avro 696 Shackleton MR3/3 was built in 1956 and retained by Avro for development work. It was delivered to the RAF in 1960 and served with 120 and 201 squadrons.
This Jet Provost was built in October 1959 and has been in the Fenland and West Norfolk Aviation Museum's collections since 1995.
MARK AND TYPE: T3/TRAINER
WEIGHT EMPTY: 4,347lbs
SERVICE CEILING: 33,000 ft
WEIGHT LOADED: 7200lbs
WINGSPAN: 37ft 5in
MAX SPEED: 326 MPH at 25,000ft
LENGTH: 32ft 5in
HEIGHT: 10ft 2ins
First delivered in 1965 to the Royal Navy and then transfered to the RAF in 1972.
The cockpit section was rescued from a scarp yard in Essex in 1994 by two of our members
Haydn and Nigel who have spent many years lovingly restoring her to her current condition.
This aircraft was delivered to the Fenland Aviation Museum in 1989.
Maximum speed 538 mph at sea level
Wing Span : 38ft
Height 6ft 2 inches
Service Ceiling 40,000ft (520mph at 40,000 ft)
Legnth 34 ft 5 inches
Weight Loaded 11,680 lbs
Rolls-Royce Avon 200 Series
Rolls-Royce Gnome H1200 Series
Rolls Royce Merlin Engines (various types and in different conditions)
Bristol Siddeley (Rolls-Royce) Palouste Mk10
Armstrong Siddeley Viper
Armstrong Siddeley Cheetah X
Hawker Hurricane N2529 (Crashed on the 21st of
Sgt. R.W.Read took Hurricane N2529 aloft to carry out a cloud flying exercise, flying from RAF Sutton Bridge with 56 Operational Training Unit, when he had to abandon the aircraft at 17:43hrs. Lukily he survived the landing.
De Havilland Mosquito NS998 (Crashed on the 20th of March 1945)
Ellis and Reidy were flying in a Mosquito FBV1, NS998 VY-W, with Squadron 85 frm RAF Swannington, Norfolk. Whilst taking part in a gunnery exercise their aircraft was seen to spin into the sands of the Wash carrying the crew with it.
Junkers Jumo 211 (Crashed on the 17th of April 1941)
The engine you see displayed before you was recovered from an aircraft that was seen to dive into the grounf at Gothic House Farm, Nr Thorney. Nobody knew which aircraft it was, but established it was German. It was 45 years before it was positively identified after the site was excavated.